New Contract for Battery Restoration Business
In March, ETA was assigned to assist a Japanese company in conducting a feasibility study on a battery restoration business in Kenya.
Successful Completion of a Bilateral Solid Waste Management Project
In February, ETA completed all the work for a Kenyan and Japanese governments bilateral project, “Project for Capacity Development of Solid Waste Management of Nairobi City” for the fiscal year 2013. ETA’s major tasks are summarized below:
- Drafting an annual work plan for “Pilot Project of Waste Collection and Transportation in Slum Areas in Cooperation with NGOs and Community Based Organizations (CBOs)”
- Facilitating about 15 meetings, which were held for residents in Kibera Slum, a CBO and Nairobi City County.
- Interviewing more than 100 residents in Kibera Slum about their awareness on waste management.
- Monitoring waste accumulation at and near the pilot project site.
- Monitoring waste management of a CBO.
JICA Project Evaluation Team Visits ETA
In January, ETA welcomed a project evaluation team from the headquarters of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). The team came to evaluate a technical cooperation project called “Project for Capacity Development of Solid Waste Management of Nairobi City”. During the meeting, ETA and the JICA team discussed Official Governmental Assistance (ODA) projects in East Africa in general, and ETA provided suggestions for how to improve their particular JICA project.
ETA Office Updates
Since January, ETA’s landline is available for any business inquiry (+254 20 23 53773).
Battery Recycling Project Completed
In January 2014, ETA completed an assignment for a client’s feasibility study for a battery recycling business in Kenya. For this project, ETA mainly performed the following tasks:
- Regulatory research and policy analysis about lead batteries in Kenya, East Africa and the European Union.
- Identification of similar case studies in Kenya.
- Identification of potential local business partners in the private sector.
- Meeting support for the client with Kenyan governmental officers and management of relevant private sector companies.